In these conditions, the following definitions applies:
- Away From Home: the company offering the holiday accommodations.
- Main tenant/tenant: the counterparty of Away From Home, being the one for whom the rent is negotiated and therefore the one who rents the holiday accommodation.
- These conditions are binding, both to Away From Home and to the one entering into a lease with Away From Home
- Away From Home commits by contract to make the holiday accommodation available, in accordance with its description on the internet site at the time of booking. Evident deviations in respect of this description are not binding to Away From Home.
- The holiday accommodation is booked online. This form of booking is final and binding to you.
- After booking you will be sent your lease/invoice by e-mail. This agreement will be in the English language. Before being able to complete your booking, you need to agree with our conditions and, just like Away From Home you are required to be in compliance with the provision of the lease and the conditions, in particular the terms of payment as defined in the lease. Changes may be possible up to 2 months prior to arrival, but always involve an administration fee of 175,- €.
- The lease contains the following details: booking number and name and address of your holiday accommodation, the rental period, the number of persons under 6 years of age, the number of persons under 5 years of age, the number of pets, arrival- and departure times, the rent, fixed costs, cleaning fees, the deposit and the terms of payment. The lease will be stored in our archives.
- On booking, you need to book for the maximum number of people present during the rental period. The charge for fixed costs applies to that number of persons during the entire rental period.
- Listed prices are binding for the year to which the price list applies. The fixed costs may change as a result of market fluctuations. Prices as listed in the lease are binding, although subject to errors.
- The tenant can take a cancellation insurance for an amount that represents 6.5% of the total basic rent.
- Payment for the full amount needs to happen at the end of the booking process using your creditcard, bank account or Paypal. Alternatively, within three days after receipt of the lease, the first deposit should be made, being 50% of the rent, including surcharge. This amount needs to be added to our account at the latest on the date as mentioned with the 1st payment.
- The remaining rent should have been added to our account at the latest six weeks prior to arrival in the holiday accommodation (see date 2nd payment).
- The surcharge fixed costs and deposit should be transferred 14 days prior to arrival as indicated in the payment overview.
- On booking two months prior to arrival, the full rent plus all costs should be transferred on receipt of the lease.
- In case of non-compliance with the payment obligations, the lease is automatically dissolved without reimbursement or any compensation.
- At the latest 14 days prior to arrival of the tenant, the deposit as defined in the lease should be paid. This deposit is mainly preventive in nature and serves to cover any damage to the accommodation, its surroundings and its contents. If damage exceeds the amount of the deposit, the tenant is required to make an additional payment.
- The main tenant is liable for the entire group of co-tenants and for any guests and pets. The main tenant, his co-tenants and all others present on behalf of the main tenant should manage the rented holiday accommodation and its contents as a good family man, while observing the tranquility of the environment.
- If the tenant unexpectedly damages the rented holiday accommodation, his environment or his inventory, this should be reported to Away From Home immediately. The related repair- and replacement costs need to be compensated immediately on site. Afterwards, main tenant can invoke any insurance against damage taken out by him/her. The main tenant is liable for any damage caused by him/her, co-tenants or any visitors and pets, even if they are identified after his / her departure.
- When damages are reported immediately, as prescribed in 6.3, consultation with Away From Home may be held. When damages are identified after the departure of the main tenant, he/she will have to conform to the judgment of Away From Home.
- Obvious defects to the accommodation and / or its contents need to be reported to Away From Home within two hours after occupying it. The final inspection shall be performed by the cleaner after your departure.
- The deposit is reimbursed within 14 days after your departure minus any costs/damages. For damage greater than 50,- € this term can be exceeded.
Number of persons/pets.
- Number of persons/pets
- When exceeding the maximum number of allowed persons and / or pets as specified in the lease, Away From Home reserves the right to consider the lease automatically dissolved and to deny access to the holiday accommodation. In this case, Away From Home will provide no reimbursement nor will any compensation be paid by Away From Home to the tenant. The same applies to violations of article 6.2 and 6.3.
Arrival- and departure times.
- Number of persons/pets
- The tenant is free to determine his arrival- or departure times, within the periods and times booked by the tenant. However, tenant should not arrive earlier than the time specified in the lease, nor should he depart later than the time specified in the lease. If these times are not complied with, Away From Home shall charge tenant for all resulting costs.
- When exceeding the departure time, a subsequent rental period can be charged, including all possible claims and costs of the next tenants. In addition, the hours of a waiting cleaning lady shall be charged at a rate of 39,- € per hour, VAT inclusive.
- House rules
- By agreeing to the terms of booking and Terms of Lease of Away From Home, the tenant is required to comply with the following house rules and ensure that the other tenants, or co-tenants, any visitors and pets present comply with these. These house rules are as follows:
- Our cleaners know every detail of the house. During the cleaning process, they perform an inspection and shall replenish the inventory. This means that, usually, the inventory should be ok. If this is not the case, we ask you to notify us of this within two hours after arrival. Eventually, you will be responsible for a proper delivery on departure.
- There is a flannel around the mattress protecting the mattress. Please cover this with your own sheets. There is a pillowcase around the pillow to protect it, please cover this with your own pillowcase. When soiling our flannel or pillowcase, you will be charged 9,50 € per bed. Cleaning a blanket costs 19,50 €.
- You are only allowed to start a fire in the fireplace or woodstove inside the house. You are strictly forbidden to start a fire outside. The barbecue should only be used with charcoal!
- Don’t cause any nuisance to your neighbours, in particular after 10 PM.
- It is prohibited to flush tampons or the likes through the toilet. This causes a blockage. Every toilet has a waste bucket for this purpose. The use of bleach is also not allowed since the holiday accommodations have biologic purification stations.
- If the tenant has received permission to bring a pet, there should be no traces of the presence of this pet after departure of the tenant. The excreta of these pets, both inside and outside the holiday accommodation need to be removed by the tenant. The same applies to the hairs of these pets. When the tenant is in default concerning this, a surcharge for cleaning costs shall apply of 39,- € per hour.
- In order to increase the safety of the tenants, most holiday accommodations have a fire blanket and one or more fire extinguishers. Away From Home strongly recommends the tenant to carefully read the user manual of this. Removing or breaking of the seal of the extinguishers without proper reason is prohibited. If Away From Home needs to refill the extinguishers (which is a legal requirement when the seal is broken) the costs of this, being 125,- € per extinguisher shall be charged to the tenant.
- Final cleaning. As you all know, staff is very expensive. Your contribution to the cleaning costs is actually a contribution. It consumes a lot of time to clean properly. This is why we request the following contributions from you. Delivering the house and the garden in their original state, for instance:
- Emptying the trash cans and separating and placing the trash outside, according to regulations in a knotted and authorized trash bags. If the trash is not separated according to regulations, this always involves a 70,- € fee.
- throwing empty glass into the class container. This container is usually located in the village center.
- Pans, dishes, cutlery etc should be clean and stored where they belong.
- The blankets and pillows on the beds should be folded the way you found them on arrival.
- The house should be delivered clean and vacuum cleaned and all furniture should be returned to its original location.
- If you had permission to bring along a dog or dogs, please make sure that there are no visible or other traces of this on your departure.
- All damages, breakage or defects should be reported immediately.
- Outdoor tables and chairs should be stored where they belong and the barbecue should be cleaned and stored.
In short: everything should be returned the state in which you found them. When you are in default with regard to the above-mentioned points, a surcharge for cleaning is inevitable.
- Away From Home accepts no liability for theft, loss or damage of whatever nature during or as a result of a stay in the holiday accommodation rented by the tenant, nor for the failure of technical appliances present in the holiday accommodations.
- The tenant and all persons and / or animals who accompany him or her are severally liable for all losses and / or damage suffered by Away From Home and / or any third party as a direct or indirect consequence of their stay, regardless of whether this was caused by their actions or negligence or that of third parties present in the holiday accommodations on their behalf, as well as all damage caused by any animal and / or goods they carry.
- Every accommodation has been visited and inspected by Away From Home or one of her representatives in advance. The descriptions listed on line are correct and created in good faith. Yet, Away From Home rejects all liability for any modifications made by the owner outside her knowledge.
- Force Majeure at the side of Away From Home applies if the implementation of the agreement is completely or partially, whether or not temporary, is prevented due to circumstances beyond the control of Away From Home, including war threats, fire, floods, strikes and other disturbances or events. Away From Home is in no way liable for this. If this Force Majeure makes the partial or full implementation of the agreement impossible, Away From Home is required to reimburse the tenant the full amount of rent paid. Condition thereto is that the tenant contacts Away From Home immediately and confirms the issue in writing within 24 hours after becoming aware of it through e-mail: email@example.com. If the aforementioned written notification has not taken place and the tenant has prematurely left the holiday accommodation without the permission of Away From Home, the tenant shall lose all entitlement to any reimbursement of the rent. Complaints filed after the departure of the tenant shall not be considered and shall not lead to entitlement to compensation of damages.
- If Away From Home is unable to make the rented accommodation available to the tenant as a result of Force Majeure or for any other reason beyond its control, except in case of intent and / or gross neglect of Away From Home or others appointed by her, Away From Home is required to reimburse the tenant the full amount of rent paid. If parties are unable to reach an agreement, they can each terminate the contract. In this case, Away From Home shall only reimburse the amount deposited for rent, and not compensate any other costs.
- All disputes related to booking and rental are subject to Belgian Law and will be brought before the Peace Court of the district where the property is located. The fact that the tenant has agreed to the conditions during booking, leads to the assumption that the tenant is aware of the contents of the general terms of lease of Away From Home and consequently accepted these without any reservation or exceptions.
- If any conditions or clauses in the agreement are invalid, this does not affect the validity of the other conditions of the agreement.